[video_lightbox_vimeo5 video_id=243968348 width=700 height=482 anchor=”https://rdh-architects.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Henry-Video-Image.p
I was recently invited to speak at the International Spa Association (ISPA) conference and expo, which was held at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas.
The title of my presentation was Design Trends that Bring Clients + Revenue.
During the session, I presented seven different spa and wellness case studies, where revenue and client share were increased by design. The trends discussed included:
- Make-Over – Mandarin Oriental – Miami, FL
- Problem Solver – Jumeirah Talise Spa – Guangzhou, China
- Tale of Two Cities – Obagi Beverly Hills / Palm Integrated Health – St Louis, MO
- Full Immersion – Setai Wall Street – New York, NY
- Guest Circulation – Vdara Health and Beauty – Las Vegas, NV
- Less is More – Old Post Office – Washington, DC
- The Future of Spa – QC Terme – Governors Island, NY
Each facility provided strategic touch-points, while a common thread emerged: a spa’s regionally based treatments and programs should ultimately drive the design of your business, while providing an impactful guest experience.
Do you have other insights about increasing profits through design to be shared with architects and designers?